1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChiweN, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ChiweN

ChiweN Android Expert
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    How is everyone? :)

I am a new member here, but by no means new to the site. I've been coming here a long time to read up on things android related and to get various Modding utilities and custom roms and what not. I figured since I enjoy the benefits of what the great devs here do, its only right that I join up and contribute to the site, and try to help others as I've been helped.

I know plenty, but like all of us I have much to learn, just as it is at my job lol.

A little about myself :

I have a bachelors degree in computer science, concentration in Cisco networking and information security. I am a fan of Linux, and am competent at command line interface, though certainly not a professional. I have some experience in various programming languages, nothing studied, just the average stuff people like us pick up along the way in our pursuit of knowledge. I currently work as a network admin at a medium-large size company in the metro area, Michigan.

I've been married a few years to the most amazing woman I've ever met, and we have a perfectly perfect 15 month old son. A great contrast to my perfectly imperfectness. ;)

Anyhow, glad to be here and look forward to great converse and even greater collaboration in our modding endeavours.

-Chiwen-

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Chiwen! :)

Glad you decided to sign up. We could always use another brain around here. We've been sharing the same old one for so long, I think it's just about worn out ;) Hope to see you participating around the forums. :D

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello,

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. I hope your stay here will be an awesome one. ;)

4. ChiweN

ChiweN Android Expert
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Detroit, Michigan
    I'll definitely be around fella's thanks for the warm welcome.

I actually took the time to root/custom ROM the wife's phone tonight. Or more like the last two nights. Had a bit of an issue, ended up bricking the phone for a bit, couldn't even get it back into recovery. Finally got it set back to stock, then had a heck of a time getting the ascend back to the 2.2 upgrade so I could use gingerbreak. The update wouldn't take so I used z4root instead, and found an older version of Rom Manager to install( The free version of Rom Manager doesn't show up in the market for 2.1). Finally got the custom recovery on it, and flashed PlayfulGods CM7.2 onto it. It's like a brand new phone, she is very excited. :D

I'd be lost without you guys and all of this info at my disposal lol.