• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello everyone

Kaiser17

Android Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hello to the community here, I've had the motion for two weeks now.. I still haven't rooted it and dont plan on it either unless there is a working/stable build of Jellybean/CM10 which there really isnt..

Being an Android user for awhile this is my first dual core phone. Back in the day we'd root phones for better performance, this is the first phone I haven't rooted since getting it because it really doesn't need it, and I have all the bloatware disabled anyway (I love this feature).

Oh and running benchmarks and checking system info on various apps im thinking this phone has 1.5 ghz processor but is underclocked?

Hello there. I remember you from the Optimus M forums. So what phone are you coming from?

I ended up rooting my phone because I decided I wanted an add blocker that GameTheory had posted on one of his ROM's for the LG Spirit. I can't remember now which one (although it was probably icyspirit). It is a flashable zip. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have rooted either. I haven't tried the jb ROM yet, but have been watching it.

Anyway, welcome to the Motion forums.

Upvote 0
Hello there. I remember you from the Optimus M forums. So what phone are you coming from?

I ended up rooting my phone because I decided I wanted an add blocker that GameTheory had posted on one of his ROM's for the LG Spirit. I can't remember now which one (although it was probably icyspirit). It is a flashable zip. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have rooted either. I haven't tried the jb ROM yet, but have been watching it.

Anyway, welcome to the Motion forums.

Im coming from the admire, had the coolpad then switched back to the admire because I soft bricked it and it still doesnt have a recovery to fix the issue.

And yea the the optimus m.. Those were the days.. It had the best community.. With active members and devs posting roms left and right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones