1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaiser17, May 14, 2013.

1. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast

Hello to the community here, I've had the motion for two weeks now.. I still haven't rooted it and dont plan on it either unless there is a working/stable build of Jellybean/CM10 which there really isnt..

Being an Android user for awhile this is my first dual core phone. Back in the day we'd root phones for better performance, this is the first phone I haven't rooted since getting it because it really doesn't need it, and I have all the bloatware disabled anyway (I love this feature).

Oh and running benchmarks and checking system info on various apps im thinking this phone has 1.5 ghz processor but is underclocked?

Advertisement

2. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Hello there. I remember you from the Optimus M forums. So what phone are you coming from?

I ended up rooting my phone because I decided I wanted an add blocker that GameTheory had posted on one of his ROM's for the LG Spirit. I can't remember now which one (although it was probably icyspirit). It is a flashable zip. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have rooted either. I haven't tried the jb ROM yet, but have been watching it.

Anyway, welcome to the Motion forums.

3. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast

Im coming from the admire, had the coolpad then switched back to the admire because I soft bricked it and it still doesnt have a recovery to fix the issue.

And yea the the optimus m.. Those were the days.. It had the best community.. With active members and devs posting roms left and right.

4. Zunga93

Zunga93 Newbie

@Kaiser17,
    Welcome! my personal experience with every new phone is that in 1 week must be rooted it is slightly natural in me.after many lessons(bricked,toasted phones) I decided just 2 freeze some apps not necessary 2 me and till now I have not had any problem now my LG is a very smooth phone almost a F-15 lol
    C-ya around
    :thumb:
    Z93.~

5. Eyepatchdude

Eyepatchdude Well-Known Member

Yes, this phone has 1.5ghz dual core.. If your phone is at 1.3ghz, try updating the firmware.. if it's still at 1.3 you can follow the "Unbrick/Unroot" instructions in the all things root subforum to flash a 1.5ghz firmware.

Also, there's a nearly finished CM10 rom being worked on.. 98% complete IMO..

6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Yes, LG seems to have screwed up with a typo in the kernel....instead of underclocking to 1.2GHz, they left it at 1.5GHz, which is the processor's default speed.

Tags: