• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello fellow Phandroids

jdsingle76

Android Enthusiast
Dec 19, 2012
TN
I have been a member of this forum for quite some time, and joined initially to learn how to root my first Andriod device, the HTC EVO 4G. Another reason I frequent this forum is it has a dedicated section for different carriers of the same phone model, in my case, the Boost variant of the SPH-D710, and now, the SPH-L710.

About myself - I am an active duty Marine stationed in Tennessee, and have been a Marine for almost 19 years. I am an infantry officer, but started out as an enlisted infantryman many years ago. I graduated college from Georgia Tech with a BS in Civil Engineering, and am currently seeking my MBA from Cumberland University here in Tennessee. I am married and have a 2-yr old son, and another on the way. As a matter of fact, we just found out today we're having a girl. I am a very active member of XDA, under the same name, so if you're over there and see me around, please say hi, or check out some of my work. It's a pleasure to meet everyone, and I look forward to being around here more, since over the past few months I've gotten pretty decent at putting ROMs together, and hope to post them over here as well for Boost and VM users of the Galaxy SIII. Thanks :)

JD, my man, thank you so much for the introduction! Thank you above all else for your service, even though my brother-in-law is Air Force, Marines have always kicked butt more than any other branch of the service! Love your work, was happy to test for you on MK5, will happily do so again for any future work. Semper Fi!

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I look forward to working more with all of you in the future. And @sfbloodbrother, smart move :) I love my job, don't get me wrong. And being an infantry guy for almost 2 decades has led to some pretty sweet experiences(some really sucky too), but you're going about it the right way...use your brain. I wish I would have likes 0s and 1s more when I attended GT and went Comp Eng....now I get my druthers tinkering around on here :) Thanks again everyone...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones