• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hello, few questions

adamantell

Jun 6, 2011
England
Hi,

Yesterday i have got a brand new 16GB i9100

ITS amazing as im sure you all ready know, few things i would like too know if possblie.

1: the "dock" at the bottom can it be swapped / remove icons ? ( like in iOS )

2: many people saying about this i see but the charge time is insane.... i mean i left if for almost 7hours before it was fully charged, this cant be normal ?

3:Anyway around "setting background reszie" i want the full image not part of it, it only reszie's to about 75% of total image.

4:"jailbreak" on iOS for free apps, is there something like that for Android ? darn if im paying for them all ROFL

5: any tips / hints u can give me :d about Android please do thanks all sorry too be a pain with the noob questions

Thanks again !!!

1: the "dock" at the bottom can it be swapped / remove icons ? ( like in iOS )

Yes - Open "Applications" then hit the menu key and edit. Then you can drag icons in and out of the dock bar, but you can't remove the "Home/Applications" icon, so you can only change or remove three.

Of course, you can always try a totally different launcher. You can't do THAT in iOS.

3:Anyway around "setting background reszie" i want the full image not part of it, it only reszie's to about 75% of total image.

Not sure what you mean here, but if you're trying to set an image as a background, you can re-size the crop area to include more of the original picture, or less.

4:"jailbreak" on iOS for free apps, is there something like that for Android ? darn if im paying for them all ROFL

You spend hundred and hundreds on a new phone, yet you'll not spend a

Upvote 0
2: many people saying about this i see but the charge time is insane.... i mean i left if for almost 7hours before it was fully charged, this cant be normal ?

i'm not sure how it's taking 7hrs for people to charge this thing. i've currently been charging via USB to PC and it takes me no more than 5hrs that way if the phone has 15% left. if i were able to use the wall charger... i'm sure this would be cut down to 2hrs. edit: what i meant to say was it sounds like something is going wrong here and i'd be alarmed if it took that long to charge :eek:

you can side load apps by searching for them on the interwebz, but i only recommend this if you wanna try before you buy. one of the things about the Android community is that most of us like to support the devs man. if you try an app and you love it, why not buy it? ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones