1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hello folks.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hecfino, Aug 20, 2012.

1. hecfino

hecfino Lurker

Guess I should have read the introduction rules before making my first post. New to this. Just get so frustrated trying to make the technology that does everything- do what I need it to do. We're a small construction company trying to work smarter. Do more with technology. But it was bad manners to just bail off into my problems without saying hello and introducing myself. We're located in Texas and appreciate any help or advice we can find.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Hello hecfino, welcome to Android Forums.

I'm going to quote your first post here...
    Okay, so, just to make sure I understand enough of what you're trying to do....

It sounds like you want to be able to use the tablet on site and have it connected to the Internet via hotspot. And you'll want the tablet to be able to interact with the reports in one way or another... I think that should be do-able.

Now, I'm not familiar with tablets at all... but I was reading about one recently ( I wanna say it was the Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet) - and it has (according to the review) a very nice stylus that slips away into the body of the device.

I also am not very familiar with business apps, but you might want to look into Evernote. If I remember correctly, it has several templates and storage modes. I think it could easily work with your reports. Hell, the Galaxy Note might even include a nice note app (I think the review mentioned some included apps)...

I hope that helps.

-9to5

hecfino likes this.
  3. hecfino

hecfino Lurker

Someone had mentioned the Galaxy as an option. Do you think I would need to change phones to make that work? Thanks for your input.

4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello and welcome aboard. (":)")

hecfino likes this.
  5. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

You really only need the phone as an internet source right? If so, I would think that those phones should work. I'm not an expert, but as long as the phones have the tether plan available, I'd think they work.

6. hecfino

hecfino Lurker

Thanks again- I'll let you know how it works out.

7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Alright! Hope it works for you!