1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hilco3, Feb 26, 2011.

1. hilco3

hilco3 Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Retired
    Market Rasen. Lincolshire
    My name is Colin and I have just joined so don't know my way around yet. I have just got an LG Optimus GT540 and am still trying to get to grips with it as I am a silver surfer. I will be seeing my Grandchildren tomorrow so I hope to be enlightened. I put in the SD card from my old phone but can only access the music not the files or Portable open office. Can any of you nice people help me.
    Regards
    Colin:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

If you can access the music on the SD card then you can probably still access the other files on the SD card. The next challenge will be figuring out what apps you need in order to access this remaining data.

What brand/model phone did you have previous to your new Optimus GT540? Was it a smartphone? Or a feature phone? Did you install apps on the phone in order to manipulate the data on the card? If so do you recall what programs you installed and used?

hilco3 likes this.
  3. hilco3

hilco3 Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Retired
    Market Rasen. Lincolshire
    Thank you so much for trying to help me. My old phone was a Samsung G600 and I could access all files. They are still on the SD card but I have to remove it and access it via the computer. I have probably asked this question in the wrong place, if so I apologise. I am a a Pay and Go tariff on O2 and when I turn the phone on it says that I will only have to pay

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Go onto your various home pages and delete any widgets installed on this pages that you don't absolutely need; reduce the screen brightness from auto to the lowest tolerable level

hilco3 likes this.