1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hello, from Alaska

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AlaskanDroid, Mar 10, 2010.

1. AlaskanDroid

AlaskanDroid Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Engineering/Surveying
    Alaska
    Hello, everyone :)

Well, I live in Alaska, work in Engineering & Surveying in the Arctic oilfields and beyond. I am a married father of soon to be 4, and I work away from home typically 2 weeks at a time.

I am on an Alaskan Cell Company (ousts ATT and Verizon), ACS. I have an HTC Hero (sprint style), this is my second Smartphone, first was a Blackberry, which I loved, and miss despite the awesomeness of the Hero :p

I am a big app user, primarily for production (while in the field) and have not been disappointed yet, the ingenuity is astounding. I am a heavy GPS user.

As far as what I hope to get out of the forums, I am very interested in rooting. I want to come to some determination whether I should, or should not root. I do not know enough to determine if the benefits would outweigh potential cons. The biggest drive, is that I direly want to get rid of the useless 'Footprints' type OEM Apps. I hate that I have to make special adjustments to deal with them.

Running Android 1.5, we don't get 2.1 until perhaps May :( That is probably my biggest irritation with this phone, no MMS. It's bullcrap.

Anyway, hello!

Matthew

Advertisement

2. welcome aboard!!! glad to have ya here.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)