1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello from me.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Flower01, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Flower01

Flower01 Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    Retired
    Sahuarita, Arizona
    I am new to Android or anything else. I am looking to purchase an eBook tablet and am so confused about everything. Thought I could get some pros and cons about a variety of devices on the market and see which one or ones are the most popular, easiest to use (I am electronically challenged) and which one is the best value for the costs. So if anyone out there has an opinion, I sure would like to hear it. I need help!

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Are you looking to purchase an Android tablet that is also an ebook reader? Or an ebook reader that does nothing but allow you to read ebooks?

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    I just got a Nook by Barnes & Noble, and I love it! Nice 6" e-ink screen for easy reading, small color LCD touchscreen at the bottom for navigating through menues, and easy to use. Picked up a refurbished one from Amazon for $110 with free shipping, can't beat that price! And only way i can tell it's a refurb is that is says so on the receipt. Otherwise, looks brand new, and works flawlessly. I got the one from Toy Fuzz:

Amazon.com: Used and New: Barnes and Noble NOOK eBook Reader (WiFi only) [ Black & White ]

Also picked up this case to go with it:

Amazon.com: JAVOedge MiMo Case for Barnes & Nobles Nook (Black) - First Generation: Electronics

Really love this thing so far. Easy to read on, easy to load books onto, and easy to use. Also able to use many different formats with no conversion, so I can even check out e-books from my library and put them on my Nook. Can't do that with a Kindle unless you convert the format, and sounds like you want something simple and easy to use. I vote for Nook! Oh, and on a side note, even with the case on, I can just fit it into the thigh pocket of my cargo pants!

4. Hyndon

Hyndon Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    The Sunshine State
    Hi Flower01,

Welcome to the Android Forums! :)