• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from new member

oneeyedbiker

Lurker
Jan 9, 2010
Do not as yet own an Android, am waiting for my wife to make up her mind as to what phone she desires. I plan on getting the Android by Motorola from Verizon. If anyone thinks I am making a mistake, please let me know before it is too late. I'm 61 years old and have been married for 33 years, which is why I try to work with her rather than against her; you don't stay married for over thirty years by either ignoring her wishes or rushing her into making a choice before she is ready, unless there is something profoundly sick and co-dependent in your relationship. There isn't in mine.

Just a little about me: Veteran of San Francisco/Haight Ashbury in the 60's and 70's, still wear my face bearded, hair in a pony-tail, and an earring in one ear. Would still be riding my bike except for industrial accident that cost me an eye and put me in a chair. Am currently modifying a 1982 HD FXRS to fit my twenty-one year old son. It should be finished by his 25th birthday as I work slowly these days. I survived public school, but got my real education in libraries. You could call me either an anarchist or a libertarian; the label doesn't matter, as long as you leave me and mine alone. You could call me an atheist or an agnostic; for the same reason, just leave me out of it, what I believe and/or if I believe, is my own business.

Have been a high steel worker, a cabinetmaker, a motorcycle mechanic, a computer programmer, an HTML designer and a computer graphics designer in my time on this planet. Should have time for a couple more skill sets before they cart me away. Agree with Bob Heinlein's Lazarus Long character "specialization is for ants".

I am ornery, cantakerous, stubborn, opinionated and do not suffer fools lightly. And those are my good points, the bad points are doozies!

Look forward to trading tips with people about Android OS. Have always believed in making any device work to it's limits, and sometimes a little farther than the designers believed was possible. Bye for now.

Do not as yet own an Android, am waiting for my wife to make up her mind as to what phone she desires. I plan on getting the Android by Motorola from Verizon. If anyone thinks I am making a mistake, please let me know before it is too late. I'm 61 years old and have been married for 33 years, which is why I try to work with her rather than against her; you don't stay married for over thirty years by either ignoring her wishes or rushing her into making a choice before she is ready, unless there is something profoundly sick and co-dependent in your relationship. There isn't in mine.

Just a little about me: Veteran of San Francisco/Haight Ashbury in the 60's and 70's, still wear my face bearded, hair in a pony-tail, and an earring in one ear. Would still be riding my bike except for industrial accident that cost me an eye and put me in a chair. Am currently modifying a 1982 HD FXRS to fit my twenty-one year old son. It should be finished by his 25th birthday as I work slowly these days. I survived public school, but got my real education in libraries. You could call me either an anarchist or a libertarian; the label doesn't matter, as long as you leave me and mine alone. You could call me an atheist or an agnostic; for the same reason, just leave me out of it, what I believe and/or if I believe, is my own business.

Have been a high steel worker, a cabinetmaker, a motorcycle mechanic, a computer programmer, an HTML designer and a computer graphics designer in my time on this planet. Should have time for a couple more skill sets before they cart me away. Agree with Bob Heinlein's Lazarus Long character "specialization is for ants".

I am ornery, cantakerous, stubborn, opinionated and do not suffer fools lightly. And those are my good points, the bad points are doozies!

Look forward to trading tips with people about Android OS. Have always believed in making any device work to it's limits, and sometimes a little farther than the designers believed was possible. Bye for now.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones