• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from x-iphone user.

educator

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Just a quick hello to try to get that "don't lurk" ad off of my screen ;)

Had a couple of HTC phones btw 2004-7 with Tmobile (and windows mobile). Then had an iphone with tmobile until a few days ago when I decided to get the EVO with Sprint. I am happy with the phone but am still getting used to it. One thing I miss is the app "Stanza" because I often read ebooks comprised of varying filetypes and stanza could read them all. Have yet to find an ereader for the evo that is as good. Trying to get my evo working well. Figuring out battery conservation techniques through these forums. Have changed the home screen a bit, got rid of the huge redundant clock and changed the weather widget to the small one. Got some nice apps such as battery indicator, shop savvy, dropbox, ringdroid, shazam, and advanced task killer. What am I missing that are must haves?

Any advice for a new android user? Thanks for all you guys do, the info on this site is priceless.

-Educator

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones