1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello! Help me pick and Android!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by PeterTS, Apr 30, 2011.

1. PeterTS

PeterTS Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Hey there guys! My name is Peter and I'm a DBA in the greater Toronto area.

I've been using an Android phone since the G1 was released in the US. My current model is a Huawei U8100 and I'm using Wind Mobile. The phone is a little slow and the service from Wind really isn't the greatest so I'm going to take this as an opportunity to maybe get a better android phone.

The phone is going to be used for personal stuff but more than anything I would like to get a phone that is so awesome that I can do some of my simpler work stuff via my phone. So I thought I would post the features that I would like in a phone in hopes that someone might be able to help me find a good model. Here's what I would want/need...

+ Ability to use a keyboard with it either by bluetooth or cable. This is big for me because if I'm going to use it for work I would rather not use a touch screen keyboard.

+ A good SSH client. I mainly work with MySQL and Linux, so this is a must.

+ Ability to VPN either via Juniper or Cisco. This isn't as major but would definitely be a plus.

+ Good processing power. I know there are some new phones out there with dual core processors.

+ Good battery life.

+ A screen that's on the larger side.

I figure most of this would be handled by apps, and I would hope that there would be apps out there for most if not all of this, but I really would like a recommendation for someone that is going to use an android device for this purpose as I think it would be awesome to have a setup where I could use the phone most of the time instead of a laptop.

Despite being in the IT field for a while I haven't really kept up with mobile platforms, so I hope I don't sound like too much of a noob :)

- Peter

Advertisement

2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    Definetely go for the samsung galaxy s

3. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    I got it last month and it has replased my laptop. I sold my laptop and I too work in it it has all you need