• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello & Help !

:eek: Hi to all - I'm a 56yr old Scottish technophobe who is getting his first "smartphone" from Santa in a few weeks. The "boss" (er-wife) has decided I've been a good boy this year and is allowing me to upgrade from my trusty Sony-Ericcson W810i. I have still to make a final decision and am hoping that some of you will give me their opinions/ideas of which phone to get. In the running are the Hero, Samsung i7500 and the new Acer Liqiud. I could REALLY do with some help from you guys/gals as,at my advanced age, LOL, all this technology is a bit beyond me unfortunately. I must admit to having considered the sshh,iphone, but they are soon going to be as common as muck once Tesco start selling them in a few weeks and Vodaphone getting them in January. I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of price-war were to break out, regardless of Apples wishes. So - an Android powered device is the one for me! It's just - which one ? HELP. Snoops27:thinking:

:eek: Hi to all - I'm a 56yr old Scottish technophobe who is getting his first "smartphone" from Santa in a few weeks. The "boss" (er-wife) has decided I've been a good boy this year and is allowing me to upgrade from my trusty Sony-Ericcson W810i. I have still to make a final decision and am hoping that some of you will give me their opinions/ideas of which phone to get. In the running are the Hero, Samsung i7500 and the new Acer Liqiud. I could REALLY do with some help from you guys/gals as,at my advanced age, LOL, all this technology is a bit beyond me unfortunately. I must admit to having considered the sshh,iphone, but they are soon going to be as common as muck once Tesco start selling them in a few weeks and Vodaphone getting them in January. I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of price-war were to break out, regardless of Apples wishes. So - an Android powered device is the one for me! It's just - which one ? HELP. Snoops27:thinking:

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones