1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hello... Introduction... Question regarding GPS coding...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wmsmoak, Oct 14, 2012.

1. wmsmoak

wmsmoak New Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Hi. I'm new to Phandroid... I have 5 Android phones in use in my family (actually 7 devices if you count 2 wifis). The wife and I and 3 kids love smartphones, which brings me to a question for anyone who can help... Where will I find the lates GPS coding/programming? I'm 3/4 the way done with a Smartphone Android app... but the app's gps, in build no 2, is way off. I don't think it's the GPS receiver in the phone as it's a Droid Razor Maxx, which is pretty much the latest and greatest, I beleive. I've asked the programming team (a private co) to make sure they have the latest GPS programming code, but I want to be sure they have and know the latest and greatest. I know how GPS works, but the readouts from the app are off, sometimes by miles, sometimes by feet. Where can I find the latest coding that should be used in a mobile app and what other advice can you offer? Thank you very much!

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
    Welcome wmsmoak!! Glad to have you here.
    I think you may find this forum useful
    Application Development - Android Forums

I hope you find the answers you seek there.:) Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.;)

3. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    Learning web development
    Texas
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. wmsmoak. :)

Hope you find these forums useful. :D