• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello - Jumping from WinMo

TheShaz

Lurker
Nov 26, 2009
I took the plunge. Was in the market to update from my Samsung Omnia. Was waiting for the Omnia II to be released. But the DROID was overwhelming.

I'm Tech Support for Brighthouse Networks here in the Tampa area and my wife works for VZW. So she was able to bring a Droid home so I could play with it over the evening. 1st thing I did was install Google Sky Map....I was SOLD!

The Droid arrived Tuesday and I have to say I am totally impressed. The screen resolution is amazing. Browsing on the phone is almost as easy as on the PC.

Still getting used to the new OS, I know Windows Mobile very well, we go back a ways... IPAQ - HTC MDA - HTC TOUCH - SAMSUNG OMNIA. But I think I'm figuring out the device pretty fast.

I think the Andorid OS is about to explode - WinMo is stagnant so I had to bug out.

So hello to everybody and I hope you are all having a Happy Thanksgiving !

I took the plunge. Was in the market to update from my Samsung Omnia. Was waiting for the Omnia II to be released. But the DROID was overwhelming.

I'm Tech Support for Brighthouse Networks here in the Tampa area and my wife works for VZW. So she was able to bring a Droid home so I could play with it over the evening. 1st thing I did was install Google Sky Map....I was SOLD!

The Droid arrived Tuesday and I have to say I am totally impressed. The screen resolution is amazing. Browsing on the phone is almost as easy as on the PC.

Still getting used to the new OS, I know Windows Mobile very well, we go back a ways... IPAQ - HTC MDA - HTC TOUCH - SAMSUNG OMNIA. But I think I'm figuring out the device pretty fast.

I think the Andorid OS is about to explode - WinMo is stagnant so I had to bug out.

So hello to everybody and I hope you are all having a Happy Thanksgiving !

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones