1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello looking to leave my Ifone!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by silver77, Jun 8, 2011.

1. silver77

silver77 Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    I have Att and want to dump this I phone. What would be the best Android phone to go to. Also I live on the edge of service and my I phone would kick in and out. So I need the best one for signal. I like the Inspire but have read a lot of poor service signal. The other one is the Aria. Let me know. And hello to the fourms!!!

Advertisement

2. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Welcome to AF Silver! My opinion is probably biased but I would recommend the Evo to anyone! Be sure to come back and post what phone you decided on purchasing! Good luck on the search!

3. silver77

silver77 Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Is the Ego on att? I need one on att network.
    Thanks

4. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    The Evo isn't on AT&T sorry. My vote would probably be for the Inspire, or the Atrix. Although that's just based on specs, i have no clue how they hold up signal wise.

I would suggest you definitely ask that question in the AT&T subforums. There are definitely a ton of users on this site that have AT&T that would be glad to help you out. Here's a link

AT&T - Android Forums

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

The top end Phones on AT&T are the Infuse 4G, Inspire and the Atrix. Each has its pro's and con's. It really depends on what you want in a phone. I'd recommend going to a store and getting your hands on each one. The "feel" of a device in your hands is as important, if not more so, to a good experience as are features.

If you live on the edge of service for AT&T and you have a good broadband connection, they have something called a microcell which pretty much sets itself up as a mini cell tower and routes the traffic out through the internet. We have one in our office because the President's iPhone kept dropping calls. AT&T "sells" them, but if you gripe loud enough about bad signal and threaten to go to VZW, they may just give you one.