1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hello Moment People-just got mine today

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gizmodo, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Gizmodo

Gizmodo Member

Hi Group,

First, my screen name-Gizmodo. It is a nickname given to me by my grandfather when I was a little kid. I'm 57 now. I am in no way affiliated with Gizmodo publishing. I am a Microsoft trainer.
    Anyway...
    I had a HERO for one week. Loved the phone! My wife got the Moment when I got my Hero. Frankly, I prefer the sleek body of the Hero to the bulkiness of the Moment. So, why the change? The Hero offered absolutely NO signal in my office. And I use my cell phone almost exclusively when in my office. Then, this morning, my wife could not get me on my Hero during an emergency. So, this afternoon, I took my Hero back to the Sprint store and am now the proud owner of a new Moment. In just the past few hours I have discovered things about the Moment that is quickly winning me over. Never saw cut and paste done so easily! On the downside; I miss the fact that I cannot pinch and resize a browser window like I could on the Hero. My signal is definitely stronger on the Moment overall. And I already knew a lot about it since I spent a # of hours reading this forum for my wife's sake. That said, I just hope Samsung doesn't fail to release Android 2.0 or 2.1 for the Moment. If this phone is half as good as my new Samsung 8500 series flat screen, I will be very happy:D

Gizmeauxdeaux (the cajun French spelling, or as we like to say, the CORRECT spelling;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VinceO

VinceO Well-Known Member

How did you like the virtual keyboard on the Hero?

3. Gizmodo

Gizmodo Member

I liked it just fine. In fact, I find myself using it on the Moment.

4. pizzachef

pizzachef Member

Where ya'll from?

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

You should have made the right choice and got the moment the first time around. =)
    I, personally, was going to make the choice to get the HTC Hero, but I have really big hands, and long fingers that aren't exactly the most precise (pudge FTL). The physical keyboard was a must for me, and the Moment just seemed more attractive to me personally. Looking at it now, I'm still glad I got this over the hero or the Palm Pre.

Samsung Moment Forum

The Samsung Moment release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1440mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews