1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELLO my name is James .....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jmphillips76, Aug 16, 2012.

1. jmphillips76

jmphillips76 Newbie

.... and I am a Flash - A - Holic

I would like to start by say'n my flashing habit began not to long after I traded in my HTC Diamond (sprint) in at a local radioshack a couple years back on a "new" then HTC Hero CDMA .... and I must say "wow" that lil Hero had tons and tons of custom roms and mods I flashed hundreds of times on.

Then my buddy received two Samsung Vibrants from a friend that upgraded there contract and all I can say is flashing sammies was a lil different but still got my overall flashing fix. They became our wifi PMP's until we seen what they was going for on ebay. Then he came across a Samsung Continuum great looking phone (not sure about the little ticker on the bottom) but not much development for it. Until one day it dropped about two feet, must have hit on a crazy angle because the digitizer got all out of whack (I will eventually buy a repair on ebay)

I ended up back to flashing my Hero, but the developement sort of slowed down. I know with all this higher end phones to choose from.

Then a couple months ago I signed on with a TMo contract (customer service is awesome but coverage in my area is just EDGE everywhere) I got a really good phone MyTouch 4G by LG (LGe739) it is not a power house phone but has very comparable specs to the Samsung Vibrant. I no longer have the LG because of the coverage area (4G smart phone on dial up speeds network) although TMo's "4G" (over 30 miles from my home area) is very impressive.

Ok so what do I have now well it is my HTC Hero's Grandson The HTC evo Design 4G (Hero S) ... it dont have the development of the HeroC but the couple roms I have tried on are very "speed" oriented. As for coverage in my area it is EvDO (not quite knock your socks off speed but average up to 5 times faster the EDGE) The evo also has a "4G" and I will say wimax is pretty fast even though I would have to travel 45 miles to get coverage.

Here is the Grandson with Grandpa (sporting the ZeroHero rom from Team Hydra over at XDA

[​IMG]

Here is the AnTuTu test from both the Design and LG

HTC evo Design sporting 2fastroms xFuZiiOnZz-4.3.2 by 2fast4u88 (with Kernel and V6 supercharger)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LG e739 sporting ACSyndicate's ICSyndicate1.2 rom by mysteryemotionz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would like to thank every developer that has worked on the roms that I get to flash to many to name so I just want to thank them all .......

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Welcome :ciao: ,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Glad to have you aboard. :)

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to the AndroidForums, James!

That's quite an introductory post--kudos to you, sir! :)

Cheers and I hope you enjoy your stay here at AF.

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

James we have you covered and have a support group for you, LOL ;)

[​IMG]

jmphillips76 likes this.