• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hello! New user to the droid family :)

Even though the Phone is plugged in.....this message also comes...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
Are you trying to connect as MTP or USB mass storage. I think you don't actually need Kies to connect as USB mass storage. Just go into settings and go to the part where the icon for USB mass storage is. Tap on it and only after that connect the USB cable. Then tap the icon again. Oh... make sure the USB debugging mode is unchecked when doing this.

As for MTP, you need Kies (actually just the drivers)... and if it does work, it works. Else... it works for me to a certain extent so not sure I can help.

Try the USB storage mode again first.

Upvote 0
One more thing I might ask you to try. Take it to a PC that has never seen Kies, set the phone to mass storage mode and plug it in. If the phone is recognized, then I think we can safely assume the problem lies with your PC. If it gives you the same trouble connecting, then I would guess it's the cable or the phone. At that point you can decide how to proceed ... either flashing or using a different sync app. I am assume the desire to connect to Kies is to update the firmware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones