1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Hello, Please gimma a bit of information :$

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jorricks, Sep 1, 2011.

1. jorricks

jorricks Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Hello all
    I'm new to android and i just bought this phone and i think it's arriving in like 1 week..
    Well I wanted to have a nice fast mobile and my choose of the galaxy s2 was obvious since I have an ipad already so there is no need for a second device with IOS.
    Now I read many things about android and problems with this device.
    What I basicly want to know is a few things(yes we are getting to it xD)

1. Is it possible to jailbreak the galaxy s2 like on the ios(installing 2 apps and then it's jailbroken..) or is it much harder
    2. I read many things about rooting.. Can you please explain me what it does and why I should want it..(I searched it on the internet but still I don't have a clear idea) and is it able to turn this back and is it dangerous for the mobile(I know it disables the warranty)
    3. Does this phone really got this many trouble?
    4. I would like to buy 2 accessories (1 is like a pouch and 1 like a docking station or desktop dock(this 1 has to be cheap XD)) which would you recommend
    5. What should I definitely buy or install for/on this phone?

Really thx for reading..
    Sorry for making it this long..
    Cheers,

Jorricks

Advertisement

2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Rooting is the equivalent to jailbreaking an Android device but even then it's not a far comparison because you can do allot more with stock Android than you can with stock iOS, so much so you probably won't need to root the phone.

Rooting is very easy to do on the Galaxy S II, will it void your warranty? Yes if you ever return it well rooted maybe, you can undo this by re-flashing or updating the firmware though. But the Galaxy S II does keep a counter of how many times you flash using odin and I'm not sure how you reset that but there is a way if you ever need to do it.

What problems?

Just buy the official ones.

Kind of difficult to tell you what to buy without knowing your interests or what you’re going to be using the phone for, also most apps are free anyway. Angry Birds? lol

jorricks likes this.
  3. jorricks

jorricks Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011

4. Shocky

Shocky On Probation
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Angry Birds is free but it has advertisements, you will find this is the case with allot of apps on the market, you can pay for the ad free version using the Amazon App store but this is only available in the US.

Gameloft have quite a few decent titles available but most are not available from the market, you will have to goto their website. From the market I would suggest Reckless Gateaway, Dungeon Defenders, Roboto, Fieldrunners, Raging Thunder 2, Colosseum, Cut The Tope, Zombieville USA, Guerrilla Bob, Jet Car Stunts, Worms, The Sims 3, Reckless Racing, Modern Combat 2 to name a few.

I would also recommend Beautiful Widgets, Camera 360 and Pro HDR Camera.

The phone does get warm but not so much that I would be concerned by it, battery will last you days or hours depending how you use the phone, it's a powerful phone and if you use it allot it willl drain quickly, there no point trying to sugar coat this. :)

But for moderate use I get a day and bit from the battery, sometimes more sometimes allot less.

5. jorricks

jorricks Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Ok nice :)
    i found a better powersupply so if i need a bit more power i'll use that.
    Mobiparts Galaxy SII 2800 mAh
    Btw
    Are there any docking stations available
    (I mean the docking stations for music and for radio..)