• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello, root/help

Hey there I posted a post once already and shortly after was banned for 'spam' couldn't figure out how to contact Administrator so I made a new account. That being said. Please don't ban me. I have a serious problem lol. Thank you.

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but my phone has been compromised. It has a root folder installed and I can't access it. There's several programs installed that track/edit and control my phone remotely. There's an something in my Google accounts at the bottom under 'Developer' called 'Firebase indexing app' or something. There's a Sim tool app that's blocked locked my sim card, my screen has a lock on it I've tried many firmware/anti virus/ malware protection, have a firewall. And can somewhat use.my phone now. Any ideas? I have screen shots of some things I've found. During my efforts of trying to fix it.

Hey there I posted a post once already and shortly after was banned for 'spam' couldn't figure out how to contact Administrator so I made a new account. That being said. Please don't ban me. I have a serious problem lol. Thank you.

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but my phone has been compromised. It has a root folder installed and I can't access it.

All Android devices have a /root directory, it's where the OS is stored. And you can't access it, unless your device is rooted.

There's several programs installed that track/edit and control my phone remotely. There's an something in my Google accounts at the bottom under 'Developer' called 'Firebase indexing app' or something.

I believe Firebase is part of the Android system, and all devices have it. The others things, not a clue. Suggest you post more details, like make and model of your phone or tablet, your carrier,. etc.

There's a Sim tool app that's blocked locked my sim card,
my screen has a lock on it I've tried many firmware/anti virus/ malware protection, have a firewall. And can somewhat use.my phone now. Any ideas? I have screen shots of some things I've found. During my efforts of trying to fix it.

That sounds like something your carrier has done. So you'd need to contact them about it.

Suggest you do post some screen-shots. That should give us better ideas of what going on, and we maybe able to help you then.

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
That sounds like something your carrier has done. So you'd need to contact them about it.

Suggest you do post some screen-shots. That should give us better ideas of what going on, and we maybe able to help you then.

I keep trying to upload screen shots but nothing happens? Maybe I should use an img link.
I've found a project under my gf Firebase account that's a project. I lost my other screenshots. That showed more details, I'm pretty sure she's behind it all. lol there were contacts with hidden links ? I guess you'd say. And some of the other stuff from the files are now gone since factory restore. QQ folder and something else. I thought I uploaded to Google drive but I guess not. Also in my firewall I disable one app and it links like 10 others with it. Most of my apps are changed and have supported links installed in them to open to reroute me.. all my certificates are changed. My system has like 4 system apps. And my menu is all different. There's also a ftp server linked inside my folders

Upvote 0
I apologize if you were banned for spam by mistake, but on the other hand, we take spammers very seriously and we catch them, so if you were trying to sell something, the ban is automatic and enthusiastic. Trust me. If you are selling anything, please PM a moderator for clarification, as I'd hate to see it happen again. Again, Welcome!

Upvote 0
I apologize if you were banned for spam by mistake, but on the other hand, we take spammers very seriously and we catch them, so if you were trying to sell something, the ban is automatic and enthusiastic. Trust me. If you are selling anything, please PM a moderator for clarification, as I'd hate to see it happen again. Again, Welcome!

Nope I actually posted a post nearly the same as this. When it verified I was banned. I was having problems with accessing the site with my phone at the time. Because of all this. So maybe that had something to do with it.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I keep trying to upload screen shots but nothing happens? Maybe I should use an img link.
I've found a project under my gf Firebase account that's a project. I lost my other screenshots. That showed more details, I'm pretty sure she's behind it all. lol there were contacts with hidden links ? I guess you'd say. And some of the other stuff from the files are now gone since factory restore. QQ folder and something else. I thought I uploaded to Google drive but I guess not. Also in my firewall I disable one app and it links like 10 others with it. Most of my apps are changed and have supported links installed in them to open to reroute me.. all my certificates are changed. My system has like 4 system apps. And my menu is all different. There's also a ftp server linked inside my folders

Firebase is an Android database system that can be used by various apps, nothing unusual here. "QQ folder" Are you using anything that's Chinese? QQ is produced by Tencent, and is popular here in China. "FTP server", some devices do have an FTP service built-in, for transferring files to a computer, etc, again nothing to be suspicious of.

If you can't upload to the forum, try uploading screen-shots to Imgur or something, and post the URLs here. As I still don't know exactly what device got there, I can't give any more information.

Upvote 0
it would help to know what phone you have.

but if you think your phone has been hacked or "compromised", then i would first (on a seperate device like a pc) change your google password and any other accounts you use on your phone. then i would factory reset your phone and start over. i would also notify your carrier as well.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
it would help to know what phone you have.

but if you think your phone has been hacked or 'compromised', then i would first (on a seperate device like a pc) change your google password and any other accounts you use on your phone. then i would factory reset your phone and start over. i would also notify your carrier as well.

Motorola e6 it's in the imgurl.
I did a factory reset, with a new email and the root folder is still there, also took out sd card.

http://imgur.com/a/Jm2zNyT

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I don't see anything that shouldn't be there, and is possibly malicious. However in the attached screenshot. Do you actually use Wechat? Because the QQ would have been put there by Wechat. Wechat and QQ are both from Tencent.

Root is the system partition, which contains the Android OS that runs your phone. FTP server is something provided by Moto, so you can connect to your phone wirelessly from a computer, to transfer files.
TZMb85R_d.jpg

Upvote 0
well nothing in the screenshots you provided looks suspicious.

There's several programs installed that track/edit and control my phone remotely.
what do you mean by this? how do you know?

There's a Sim tool app that's blocked locked my sim card, my screen has a lock on it I've tried many firmware/anti virus/ malware protection, have a firewall. And can somewhat use.my phone now.
are we talking about the lockscreen here or a locked sim card?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
So...the folder (root17.72mb of 22gig ) should be there? And my storage file should be "emulated" also my main phone storage is called.."sharedstorage"? And i dont even have a sd card but it looks like sd card..theres a file "verify-key" "cgroup_clone_children" ina folder called "etc"
I know there's a simlock because lookin somewhere in phone settings. I found where it wanted a pw. Or.pin. or something...and my sim card doesnt match my phone in settings.

Theres also an Lenovo id in my apps in system settings. (Dunnon if thats normal) theres also like 3 different settings installed. And some apps/system apps arent there and others are in its place. And the pictures of the apps are weird...i downloaded a new home screen and learned i could change apps appearance. Also some of my contacts have links inside them to gallery or something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So...the folder (root17.72mb of 22gig ) should be there? And my storage file should be "emulated" also my main phone storage is called.."sharedstorage"? And i dont even have a sd card but it looks like sd card..theres a file "verify-key" "cgroup_clone_children" ina folder called "etc"
Yes. You're seeing perfectly normal Linux and Android behavior.

I don't have an SD card in this phone, but look at how my main storage is named (near the top of the pic):

Screenshot_20200116-143407.png

As for directories named root and etc, they'd only be a problem on a Linux system if they didn't exist!

Screenshot_20200116-143317.png

Do not touch, edit, move, or delete any system files/directories, or you're going to end up borking your device. If you're not sure about something, ask. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones