• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello there.

So, I just ordered my HTC Hero from CREDO Mobile yesterday (7/9/2010). It should get to me some time next week.

I live in Washington Heights, which is near the northern end of Manhattan in New York City.

I use Mac OS X for my computer. I have a Windows XP virtual machine, which I would only use for updating software with HTC Sync.

I really look forward to my first Android phone! :)

So, I just ordered my HTC Hero from CREDO Mobile yesterday (7/9/2010). It should get to me some time next week.

I live in Washington Heights, which is near the northern end of Manhattan in New York City.

I use Mac OS X for my computer. I have a Windows XP virtual machine, which I would only use for updating software with HTC Sync.

I really look forward to my first Android phone! :)

Hello and welcome to the world of Android ,but how come you didn't go for Evo?

Upvote 0
I am considering switching from Sprint to Credo. I know that you "have to" use one of Credo's phones, and the HTC Hero is it for the Android models.

But, if I switch, could I get a Hero and then swap the SIM card (or do some other fairly trivial steps) to start using my Sprint EVO on my Credo plan? I believe Credo uses the physical Sprint network, so this might make it more viable?

If no one is sure on the answer, I'm not going to try to pull it off. Might switch to Credo anyway, their mission is awesome and I keep hearing good things.... like, 30 min of free calls per month to Obama and/or your Congresspeople!! Whatwhat!!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones