• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hello there

Lynton

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
Ok, I am brand new here and brand new to android.........

I made the leap of faith today from an apple 3GS to a Samsung Galaxy II S and I will admit to being a bit bloody confused, though I like what i see so far.....

Have managed to download a few apps from market place on the phone....

I assume there is somewhere similar to go to online as in an android version of itunes or similar - have found a samsung site which is poo...

Struggling at the moment to add a telephone no to an imported "SNS" contact......... or how to create a new contact...........

But, hey expect a few "divvy" questions from me over the next few days!

Welcome to Android Forums, Lynton.

Once you master the basics, the rest will be a piece of cake (or pie, if you prefer ;) )

What you are looking for is the Android Market for apps. Just sign in with the gmail account the phone is registered to and you'll be able to push apps right to your phone. And contacts are best managed using gmail web interface. Again, login using the account for the phone and it will sync right back.

Android is about the cloud. There really isn't any need to tether to PC except to copy files or charge the phone.

Speaking of phones, you'll find the best advice comes from other users of the same model, so you should go check out Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones