1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Hello with a question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xxmimixx, Apr 27, 2012.

1. xxmimixx

xxmimixx Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    Hi all,

I am a new convert.
    Have been an Apple for the last 4 years and I've recently blossomed into an Android :) and very happy with the transformation too.

Im learning new stuff all the time and have a question which I hope you can answer.

1. Is it possible to sync two or more Android phones to one Kies portal installation on my Mac? The same way as it's possible to launch different libraries on Itunes?

Im asking as Im converting the rest of the family too :eek:

Thanks

Advertisement

2. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Male
    Professional Waste Of Space
    NW London, UK
    Some people would argue that you can't even reliably sync one Android phone with Kies. I found it utterly useless on my Mac, and not much better on pc. I use a program on my MacBook called SyncMate. It comes as an app for the phone and a companion program for the Mac. They're both free but there is a limitation - you can only sync contacts and calendars (I only sync calendars so it suits me just fine). If you buy the pro version you can sync just about anything and everything.

It should work on more than one phone. When I was changing from my Galaxy S2 to my Note they both sync'd totally independently of each other so I think it would be fine for what you need. I'm nothing to do with SyncMate, just someone that finds it useful. :)

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. Always forget that part. ;)

xxmimixx likes this.
  3. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert
    None

I haven't messed with Kies whatsoever. I can easily have all of my stuff done through google docs, calendar and contacts etc.

I also came from an iPhone (3GS) and I'm still blown away by the things that we can do and iOS can't after 2 years being on Android.

4. xxmimixx

xxmimixx Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    Thanks GiggityGiggity I have trashed Kies :) and will download Syncmate, reviews look good.

I am now aware that the ICS is not out yet but I thought you needed Kies in order to update the Note OS. And that you wont be able to update a Note via the Settings on the phone but only via USB cable.
    If this is the case will Syncmate allow the OS update too or do I still need Kies just for that purpose?

Cheers

5. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    Male
    Professional Waste Of Space
    NW London, UK
    Good question! I'll worry about that when ICS is out I guess. :p