1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hello world

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lyncher, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Lyncher

Lyncher Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    student
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Hey Everyone,

I'm Justin. I live on the east coast of Canada and I own a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.

I'm on this forum as I'm new to all of this. I'm studying electrical engineering and I'm quite interested in all things technology, however I'm coming over from the iPhone.

I found my old phone great, and there was no need to do anything to it. The phone I bought has been modified to no end. I figure if it can be done, why not try it.

I'm here to learn as much as I can about what types of files phones use, what can be done with a phone, how to do it, what languages I could learn that might help, and to really understand how all of this works.

I'm not so much interested in the do this, click that, don't touch any of this jazz...I'd rather know what it is that I'm not touching and why that is. Make sense?

Anyway, hi everyone. I'm excited to be a new member.

Justin

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

You should dive right in to Samsung Captivate - Android Forums. The Captivate was a popular phone and there's a very large and active (and sometimes vocal) group here. Feel free to participate and Enjoy!

3. Lyncher

Lyncher Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    student
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Awesome, thanks lunatic59. I'm actually digging through it right now. Looks like I know what I'll be doing for the next month...