• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello.

billd

Oct 19, 2009
I'm considering a Motorola Droid (or whatever the official name ends up being).

I have never owned a smart phone. I currently use a Kyocera Wireless Koi/KX2, because I used to work for Kyocera Wireless and I've been lazy about replacing it since the company effectively imploded.

I'd like to stay on Verizon Wireless, just because it's convenient and most of my friends/family and a lot of my co-workers are on it.

In any case, one of the main reasons I want a smart phone is that I want a mobile phone with good IMAP support. In particular I'm looking for support for sub-folders. I get too much email to read it all from my inbox. I have a lot of automatic filtering moving messages to appropriate sub-folders. Does the Android email client support sub folders well?

I'm curious about how email push/pull scenarios work (remember that I'm new to smart phones) and how that figures into data plans/costs.

I'm considering a Motorola Droid (or whatever the official name ends up being).

I have never owned a smart phone. I currently use a Kyocera Wireless Koi/KX2, because I used to work for Kyocera Wireless and I've been lazy about replacing it since the company effectively imploded.

I'd like to stay on Verizon Wireless, just because it's convenient and most of my friends/family and a lot of my co-workers are on it.

In any case, one of the main reasons I want a smart phone is that I want a mobile phone with good IMAP support. In particular I'm looking for support for sub-folders. I get too much email to read it all from my inbox. I have a lot of automatic filtering moving messages to appropriate sub-folders. Does the Android email client support sub folders well?

I'm curious about how email push/pull scenarios work (remember that I'm new to smart phones) and how that figures into data plans/costs.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones