1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amcintyre, Aug 2, 2010.

1. amcintyre

amcintyre New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Information Developer II
    Idaho
    Totally new to Android - just purchased a Droid X. So far, I am really enjoying the phone and its features.

I do have a question - how do you keep apps from starting on their own? For example, I can KILL selected apps with Advanced Task Killer, navigate back to the home screen and just let the phone sit. A few minutes later, I can open Advanced Task Killer again and find that apps that I previously killed are running again. Is this a unique feature of Android, or am I missing some setting?

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    You can try a similar app called task manager. This force closes apps automatically.

Welcome to Android Forums! :)

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
  4. l.chaos45

l.chaos45 New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    hiii

I do have a question - how do you keep apps from starting on their own? For example, I can KILL selected apps with Advanced Task Killer, navigate back to the home screen and just let the phone sit. A few minutes later, I can open Advanced Task Killer again and find that apps that I previously killed are running again. Is this a unique feature of Android, or am I missing some setting?

For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
    For more details VNCServer

5. welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard!