• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanatos_evo

Oct 15, 2010
Greetings!

I joined the Android community last night with the purchase of an Evo 4G on Amazon. I got it for a song ($99) and got the activation fees waived.

Of course, all opinions are subjective, just a disclaimer.

I've used an iphone 3G for the last 2.5 years and have grown tired of it. I don't mean to start a comparison flame war (have seen millions of them elsewhere), but it was getting a little old and restrictive. In the past I've been a power Nokia user and was very happy with the platform till I moved from Asia to the States.

In under 12 hours of usage, I've realized what everyone's saying is true. Android has demonstrated that it gives me the freedom and flexibility I'd been missing in the last 3 years and am extremely happy with my choice.

I plan to root my phone later tonight and see what this baby's truly capable of.

Peace!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones