1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RedneckChicana, Feb 8, 2011.

1. RedneckChicana

Hello!
    Just poking around looking for good advice on how to get the most out of my Samsung Moment. New to the smart phones, my first one. :D
    Its a Sprint phone and has too much crap pre installed on it and other crap constantly running. Hopefully I can find some good things here to keep me from selling it (or setting it on fire, throwing it threw a window, etc.)
    And no, I am too chicken shit to root it!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GJW419

GJW419 Member

LOL. Cool nickname!! Welcome. I just signed up a few days ago myself. I have an HTC DROID ERIS, my first smartphone also and I am loving it. I just had a problem as far as removing bookmarks once they were set. Phone is sweet, but I'm already ready for something else. I want a DROID X, for the bigger screen. You sound alot like me. I am horrible with objects that aren't nailed down. If I have a remote control, cordless phone, cell phone in hand when I have a little "tantrum", they get introduces to a floor or wall. Heck, I just bought a new cordless phone day after the Super Bowl LOL. Enjoy yourself here!!!!!

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

To get rid of the ever-present bloatware you can root your phone and then freeze the offending apps so that cease to be a problem. The nice thing about freezing the apps instead of deleting them is that you can un-freeze them if you need to download an OTA update to the phone.