1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Steph1028, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Steph1028

Steph1028 Lurker

Hi everyone, I'm Stephanie. I'm new to this forum and Android phones entirely. I just switched from a BB Curve to a Samsung Epic yesterday and, honestly, I think I'm missing my old Curve, as much as I hated it before. I'm having so many issues with the Epic and I haven't even had it 24 hours!
    First, I was looking through my pictures and it froze. I had to remove the battery to fix it.
    And, more importantly, the battery sucks! Like, really really sucks. When I got the phone (at 7 pm Sunday), I had about 75% of battery life straight out of the box. About an hour or so later, the battery was almost completely dead, so I plugged it in. I was messing around with the phone (just exploring the new toy...nothing too intensive), and it would not charge.
    I went to bed a little later and left the phone on the charger, expecting a full charge by morning. But no...I woke up to about a 50% charge this morning (after 8-9 hours of charging). I played around on the phone for about 30-45 minutes this morning and now my battery is really low again.
    What is up with this? Am I doing something wrong (as in, are my settings wrong?), or is there something wrong with the phone?
    Thanks everyone! :)

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Sounds to me like you may have gotten a phone with issues. Call your carrier and get them to give you a new phone...