• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MRUNOwen

Lurker
Jun 19, 2011
Hello,

I'm new phone development, but I've been coding for some time and I'm hoping to get some help setting up development for android. I'm a big fan of Linux and I do a majority of my development through a terminal. On that note, can I run everything through terminal, or do I have to resort to eclipse? So far I'm stuck at getting the simulator up. For some reason it hangs at the splash screen when I start it up.

BTW.... for Linux based development set-up questions, what section should I look into?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. We have an entire set of sub forums for developers. I don't know just which might be best to suggest. Here is an overview of the site. If you scroll down toward the bottom of the page you will find the sub forums for the developers. You can then click in and out of one or more that peak your interest. Good luck. http://androidforums.com/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones