1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Hello!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ezlivin, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ezlivin

ezlivin Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2012
    Female
    Home Health Nurse
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the Huawei brand and to Cricket wireless. My coverage isn't so great but it's only at home(mountains) so I use a WiFi service that lets me talk on the phone but uses a different number, Kinda confusing for family! I love the phone and Muve Music! I dont much care for the Huawei Music program because it doesnt import music from Muve so it seems kinda useless to have 2 music programs.

I see a lot of talk about "rooting" the phone and had a few questions. I had a friend "jailbreak" my iPod touch so I'm assuming it's similar to that? Why would you root a phone, What's the benefits? Pro's, Con's? Can it be undone? How hard is it to do? I'm fairly comfortable with the whole smart phone idea, there's not much I feel I don't know about them. After reading some threads I question myself! Anyways..any questions you all could answer would be great. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

Oct 7, 2010
    Male
    electrician
    baltimore
    welcome to the forum. the exact phone was not given so i cannot link you to that thread. the root section of your phone thread will have the answers you seek. hope you enjoy your stay here ezlivin

3. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    Hi, welcome to the forums! Sorry for the delayed response. This thread has a lot of good info regarding rooting:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/443432-what-root-being-rooted-mean.html