• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nagaspeed

Lurker
Aug 10, 2015
hi everyone! before i begin, i just want to let everyone know that i'm a 100% noob to android device. I just switch over from Apple. My new phone is Sony Xperia z3 and I'm loving it so far. I'm not new to tempering with the phones (jailbreaking) so hopefully with your help, i can gain some new knowledge about rooting at a much faster pace.

Welcome to the forums!

Good news, I checked our membership - and 100% of us were 100% noobs to Android at some point, so I can promise that you're in good company. :)

Your rooting tips for today -

- Proper rooting varies by device

- Avoid simple, one-click roots, most of them are trash but may be useful in limited cases

- Avoid youtube how to root videos, same reason as above

- Always go for full root and do a nandroid backup (image backup of boot, system and data partitions) before changing anything

- Read, read, read and then read some more, that's the secret to knowing what you're doing as you go along and avoiding over 95% of the mistakes

- I made up that last statistic

Reactions: nagaspeed
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!

Good news, I checked our membership - and 100% of us were 100% noobs to Android at some point, so I can promise that you're in good company. :)

Your rooting tips for today -

- Proper rooting varies by device

- Avoid simple, one-click roots, most of them are trash but may be useful in limited cases

- Avoid youtube how to root videos, same reason as above

- Always go for full root and do a nandroid backup (image backup of boot, system and data partitions) before changing anything

- Read, read, read and then read some more, that's the secret to knowing what you're doing as you go along and avoiding over 95% of the mistakes

- I made up that last statistic
thanks for the advice! I prefer reading then to rely on those how to on youtube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones