• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELLP! Whats a great FREE (at first) site builder for the ameture site builder

labeledbass

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
Hello all, mostly post over in the DX forum but I noticed this section and have received great help before - might as well give it a a shot.

I work for a small buisness, we do a lot of in house/local work and also major account bids sent to us via organizations we pay to belong to, example BBB -

On the side I have been given the opportunity to build a web site to help our buisness grow. I am very familiar with hardware and graphic/audio software but web building is where I stop - I have the new dreamweaver but its honestly over whelming, I love Adobe but unfortunately my buisness is reliant on Corel, due to how our production interfaces.

SO, I'm in desperate search for a simple "template" style web site builder. No coding, basically managing uploads (product pics and prices) and sub directories containing the same. I would also need the whole "check out" option, paypal, credit, shipping ect. - e-commerce.

I started on Webs.com, my girlfriend honestly set something up pretty simple while I tried to wrangle dreamweaver so I decided to go her route. Well I started using Webs.com, started from scratch & I keep getting a internal server error - I've traced the route and it does seem to be an internal error but if anyone out there could suggest a good platform to start from that would be tremendously helpful, free at first but once I present the finished product a good chunk of change will be put into this, and I will be responsible for managing this account.

Many thanks and appreciation in advance, and I mean it! I need to get the ball rolling on this and if I can help anyone with hardware/A+ PC-Linux help I can return the favor.

Have a good night guys & gals! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones