• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help. 3g and attachments

rapanui

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
hi. i just bought a htc droid eris. like it a lot. nice phone and nice apps. some cons but way more pros.

bought it in the states but i'm using it in Mexico. so far voice and SMS works great. but can't get the data to work. it says not connected to network. how can i access and change the data (3G) parameters/information so it works with the mexican company Iusacell?

also, today was checking hotmail emails on browser, but i can't download the attachments on the emails. how can i do this?

thanks

You probably don't have the settings put into your phone for 3g to work, but maybe 1xrtt..

When you're browsing the web, does it say 1x at the top? Or does it ever say 3g at all?

I am guessing that either Iusacell uses Simple IP (like Cricket) and that 3g won't just 'work', as a result, and that if it does, you'll need to get one of these...

BAM - Banda Ancha M

Upvote 0
the problems i talked about are 2 separate ones.

first i can't connect to 3g on my phone. it's not set it up the way it should be in mexico. it's like you said. i don't have the settings in my phone so 3g can work. how can i put them in??

second when i say i'm browsing the web it's via wifi, i'm sorry for not saying this before. the attachments i talked about are using wifi, not 3g.

on the phone i get neither 1x, or evdo or 3g. anything.

my question is how to access the settings in order to change them to work in mexico with iusacell

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones