1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! 3G problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tb078, Aug 22, 2012.

1. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

I rooted my phone and it's been running well up until now. I'm running the CTMOD and my 3G is acting crazy losing signal coming back every now and then. What am I supposed to do? :thinking: Can somebody help me with a step by step in what needs to be done to fix this thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoltronMaximus

VoltronMaximus Android Enthusiast

First, are you using tether or switching between a wifi connection?

3. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert

Are you near any towers?

4. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

I'm having 3G problems :( it's acting crazy even time I lock my phone the 3G turns off or even sometimes goes away. yesterday I barely had any 3G at all I'm running the CTMOD FE16 what do I need to do??:thinking: my phone is very slow now can somebody help me step by step in what to needs to be done thanks.

5. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

No I'm not I haven't used wifi at all I use is just the 3G and not that I know of I'm new any towers.

6. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

3g issue- Are u using juice defender by chance? (or another battery saver app)

Slow phone issue- do you have a lot of apps that sync in the background or receive notifications?
    (or go launcher?)

Also what class is your sdcard?
    Not all cards can handle data mode.

7. Lordvincent 90

I replied to your identical thread in the general section

tb078 likes this.
  8. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

I have a 16 GB and yes I have a battery booster app running

9. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

Thanks I saw I didn't know my thread was moved I thought it got deleted

10. Lordvincent 90

The battery app probably disables 3g to save battery. Uninstall it and i bet the problem ends.

And i didn't ask the size i asked about the class there should be a number on the card with a circle around it. This refers to the read & write speeds the card is capable of. Lower class = slower card = possible lag with data mode.

If there is no number, odds are it is a class 4. (classes go up to 10)

11. Lordvincent 90

It is a question about a ROOTED device, which naturally belongs in the all things ROOT section :p:D:p;):p

12. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was a class sorry but it is level 4 does that have anything to do with the speed of my phone?

13. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

lol I'm still new to this thread but I'm getting the hang of it

14. Lordvincent 90

If you followed the root for dummies guide and are using data mode, odds are yes. But the other things i mentioned in my previous post are a huge factor too.

The more apps that run in the background, the slower your phone will run.
    Facebook, twitter, any games that notify you (words with friends, hanging with friends, Smurf village, etc ) , home replacement launchers that use a lot of resources (particularly sbp shell & go launcher to name a few)

15. Lordvincent 90

Also will a mod please merge these threads?
    (this with the one in the root section)

vce2005 likes this.
  16. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

Yes I did I followed every step it's working better since I uninstall the battery booster thanks I'm going to try to stop running facebook and twitter it probably has a lot to do with the speed

17. Lordvincent 90

I just view fb from the browser. The mobile version is fairly similar to the app anyways :)

18. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

I see no difference with the app from the browser either it's slowly my phone too since I have it running in the background

19. Lordvincent 90

LOL... They merged the threads, but put the 'new' thread in the general section... Shows what i know :rolleyes:

20. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

one more thing can I do an system update with the root or will I lose it? I been ignoring the system update but it's irritating now

21. Lordvincent 90

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4160874

This will stop the update nag permanently. :)

Trying to update a rooted device fails, the update checks to make sure you have all the stock apps etc... If it doesn't find them, it aborts. And you definitely do not have the stock apps ;)

tb078 likes this.
  22. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On

tb078 likes this.
  23. tb078

tb078 Well-Known Member

Thank You :)

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews