• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help!! 4G scanning....

misterjb

Lurker
Nov 17, 2010
Hello everyone, unfortunately im new to this thread (as of 5 minutes ago).

I have purchased my Evo 2 weeks ago from this date. I've decided to finally root a few days ago using the unRevoked 3.2.1 method. I've flashed the recovery using Allclockwork, backed up with Titanium (free version) and flashed my first ROM (Myn Warm twobytwo 11-05-2010 RLS3). Everything seems to work fine except 4G.

Can someone assist me in recovering my 4G signal (Dallas area)

Evo: Stock 2.2 (before root)
ROM: Myn warm twobytwo 11-05-2010 RLS3 (after root)

What part of Dallas...are you absolutely certain you can pick up a 4g signal where you are right at the moment you are trying? Throughout most of DFW I have given up on 4g it's so spotty. I get a pretty good signal if I am on Coit Road for instance...but the further I go east or west of Coit the signal fades pretty fast. There have been some great spots in Frisco and Mckinney ...but moving literally feet in one direction or the other loses the signal.

I am at my store at Coit and Campbell now...in the store..no 4g, in front of store no 4g, walk 8 feet into the parking lot 2 bars move right none and back to scanning move left 1 bar....

It's that spotty

Upvote 0
Actually ur right. 4g is spotty. Before I flashed. The ROM, ihad a poor signal in cedarhill. But I get a goodsignal in oakcliff I get a fair or gud signal. Now after flashing warms rom, i get no signa jn cedahill and a good signal in oakcliff. So wha im saying is my 4g works, i just didnt go to an area where it was available. I guess u can disregard this thread i created lol.... fact im on 4g now usong my phone as i type this... now im happy again lmao

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones