• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help a friend out

This is the email a friend of mine sent to me about his rooted DX:

hey man hope you can help me. my phone is really acting up. back button and home button are not working and it appears that the phone is not charging . not sure what the issue is all was working fine and battery died i charged turned back on and the phone started acting strange. not sure what to do pulled battery and still not working also got yellow "!" on screen with droid dude one time pulled bat again and got to boot up but once you choose anything you can't back out of it. thanks for any help you can give

Any ideas? He is located about 5-6 hour from me so i can't physically do anything. Should he just go to verizon?

Nooo don't go to Verizon. Problem sounds serious. Without knowing specifics I would recommend he first try a factory reset. Tell him to power down the phone then press the home key and power button at the same time. Once that little DROID dude appears tell him to hit the search key if on froyo or the two volume buttons if he's on gingerbread. Then scroll down to factory reset. Press the camera button to select if on froyo or the power button to select if oN gb. Then reboot the phone. See if that fixes it. If not an sbf is in his future. Note: this will remove all his data off his phone. Apps are synced through google so he will get those back. But the data (high scores and settings) will be gone. This is what Verizon would do if you called them. Factory reset then if that dint fix it they would send you a replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones