• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help a newbie, why can't I install on Internal SD card?

Hi all,

So I just got a samsung galaxy s phone today (GT-I9000M) and i've been messing around with it, downloading some apps etc.

However for some reason I can't install ANYTHING to my internal SD card.

The phone came with 16 gb internal SD card yet if I try to move an app over (example angry birds) i get a message saying 'not enough storage space'

as i only have 1.07gb of 'internal storage space left' yet i have 13gb free on my internal SD card I'm wondering what the issue is.

and yes im running 2.2 (as I know from reading that on 2.1 you couldn't transfer apps over to SD).

So Am I screwed until I get an external SD card? If so that's fine i'll buy one but I want to know then why did I get a 16 gb internal SD card if i'm unable to use it?

help.

Thanks in advance.

my only issue with that is my phone is telling me i have an internal sd card.

as if i go into settings 'storage' i see at the top 'external sd card'

then internal sd card (where it says I have 13 gb of storage but CANNOT install anything on it)

and finally at the bottom 'internal storage' (so my phone's memory itself) which has just over 1gb left.

and i've turned the phone off/on a few times now left it off for awhile. i still can't transfer apps over to the internal sd.

Upvote 0
I have just bought the Samsung Galaxy S I9003. I have downloaded the internet settings on the mobile and I am able to use the internet through the browser. I have also added the facebook account but I am not able to set up a gmail account. While activating the gmail account the message displayed is "Cannot connect to servor". Please help me out on this.:(

Upvote 0
You can't install anything on the internal SD Card. Here is how the storage on the Galaxy S breaks down to.

Internal Phone Storage: this is for software and phone OS. This is where you install applications by default it is a 2GB size.

Internal SD Card: This is for you media and downloads, some application can store their data here but not the application itself. This is the 8GB or 16GB model.

External SD Card: This is your MicroSD card, you can install one up to 32GB. This one you can install application on if you have 2.2 Froyo or higher (and the application need to support it).

Upvote 0
Also, totally new, lol how do I preform a hard reset?

Menu --> Settings --> Privacy --> Factory data Reset.

But read my previous post, you can't install anything on the Internal SD, you can on External SD. This is an android thing not a Galaxy issue. Since most android phones only come with the internal phone storage Android only support external SD for application installation.

Reactions: MergedLoki
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones