• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help a newbie

I rooted last night with bubbys one click. I got thru it without a hitch. I have ROM manager donate but when I downloaded the latest CM 7 with Google apps I tried to reboot but it keeps getting Hung in CM bootloop. Could I get some guidance? Thanks in advance

Dumb question I realize, but before you tried to install CM 7, did you use Rom Manager to install CWM Recovery first, followed by creating a nandroid backup?

Here's a followup thought: Are you trying to get Rom Manager to do the installation of CM 7 and the Google Apps? That probably isn't a real good idea, because Rom Manager is kind of a goofy app, and frequently does the opposite of what you tell it to do. The correct procedure is to install the rom first, followed by the gapps. If Rom Manager installed the gapps FIRST, that could be the reason you're experiencing problems.

-Mike

Reactions: scottsedore
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones