1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help a Noob! CM7 not remembering settings until after reboot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heyki, Aug 22, 2012.

1. heyki

heyki Newbie

I recently installed a CM7 ROM by PlayfulGod on my Optimus M and everything was going fine until I noticed that some of the setting were not being saved.

I checking off 'Unknown Sources' in the Applications and noticed that every time I exited settings and returned to them 'Unknown Sources' was still not check off.

This was happening with most of the setting except a few, those being the setting in 'Performance' under the CyanogenMod settings.

The only way the setting are permanently saved are if I stay in the settings menu that I want to change, make the changes and then reboot my phone from there without exiting the menu.

Is there a fix to this or should I look for another ROM?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. douglasr007

douglasr007 Member

This is very common when installing new ROMs, I'll just link to a post that helped with the same problem: click here

3. heyki

heyki Newbie

Thanks for the link! Sadly, I have already tried fixing permissions and it does not seem to help the situation. I'm going to re-install the ROM and right away fix the permissions to see if that does anything to solve the issue.

4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Also fixes stability issues.

5. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Android Enthusiast

Just go with bobzhome. Playfulgods is outdated and still has bugs.

6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

BobZhomes gave me a ton of FCs after two weeks, which is why I don't use it to port.

7. AndroidHogs

Well I'm using bobzhome right now with different kernel. And delete 01dalvikvm and it runs pretty smooth.

8. heyki

heyki Newbie

So I reinstalled the Rom and fixed the permissions and everything seems to be going well. I restarted my phone and the settings not saving issue started up again so I fixed the permissions and restarted the phone and it stopped. Furthermore what other roms would you guys suggest?

9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

I use backside. I have no problems with it, once I fix permissions.

10. AndroidHogs

if you use clockwork recovery their is a thing in advanced settings to fix permissions. :)

11. heyki

heyki Newbie

I will give that one a try then if this rom keeps giving me issues. Also, can I find it here on the forums?

I tried install the clockwork recovery but it could not get it to function properly. If you could give me some pointers that would great!

Lastly, a new problem has arisen. My network bars do not stay green and most of the time only stay white unless I am connected to wifi then switch back to my regular network.

I know this has to do with a connection to Google services but when the bars are not green I can not use any internet related applications.

Does this have to do with permissions or this a new problem completely?

12. AndroidHogs

Different issue. Go to playfulgods wiki. He has the clockwork mod recovery. And use flash image GUI. Google it to find it. Or just get it from I believe windows roms. Or kelsos rom.

13. heyki

heyki Newbie

Can you help me shed some light on the connectivity issue?

14. AndroidHogs

Well first off do you have good signal where your at? And whose rom are you using.? Did you do a data/factory reset, clear cache and dalvik cache before flashing the rom. Sometime their can also be a delay in your service not connecting right a way.

15. heyki

heyki Newbie

On average my phone gets about 2 bars of signal strength. I did a data/factory reset, cleared the cache and the dalvik cache before I flashed my current rom.

16. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Never do that! It causes more issues than it does help!! You have to reflash the rom...