• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help a Noob! CM7 not remembering settings until after reboot

heyki

Aug 22, 2012
I recently installed a CM7 ROM by PlayfulGod on my Optimus M and everything was going fine until I noticed that some of the setting were not being saved.

I checking off 'Unknown Sources' in the Applications and noticed that every time I exited settings and returned to them 'Unknown Sources' was still not check off.

This was happening with most of the setting except a few, those being the setting in 'Performance' under the CyanogenMod settings.

The only way the setting are permanently saved are if I stay in the settings menu that I want to change, make the changes and then reboot my phone from there without exiting the menu.

Is there a fix to this or should I look for another ROM?

This is very common when installing new ROMs, I'll just link to a post that helped with the same problem: click here

Thanks for the link! Sadly, I have already tried fixing permissions and it does not seem to help the situation. I'm going to re-install the ROM and right away fix the permissions to see if that does anything to solve the issue.

Upvote 0
So I reinstalled the Rom and fixed the permissions and everything seems to be going well. I restarted my phone and the settings not saving issue started up again so I fixed the permissions and restarted the phone and it stopped. Furthermore what other roms would you guys suggest?

Upvote 0
I use backside. I have no problems with it, once I fix permissions.

I will give that one a try then if this rom keeps giving me issues. Also, can I find it here on the forums?

if you use clockwork recovery their is a thing in advanced settings to fix permissions. :)

I tried install the clockwork recovery but it could not get it to function properly. If you could give me some pointers that would great!

Lastly, a new problem has arisen. My network bars do not stay green and most of the time only stay white unless I am connected to wifi then switch back to my regular network.

I know this has to do with a connection to Google services but when the bars are not green I can not use any internet related applications.

Does this have to do with permissions or this a new problem completely?

Upvote 0
Well first off do you have good signal where your at? And whose rom are you using.? Did you do a data/factory reset, clear cache and dalvik cache before flashing the rom. Sometime their can also be a delay in your service not connecting right a way.

On average my phone gets about 2 bars of signal strength. I did a data/factory reset, cleared the cache and the dalvik cache before I flashed my current rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones