• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help A Noob Pick a ROM

afastyzfr1

Dec 18, 2010
Just got a HTC Incredible so looking for a ROM but there are so many!

I had a LG Ally with the Velocity Rom and liked it.

Just looking to have bloatware removed, overclocked, wifi tether, reboot option, and would like to keep HTC Sense but if the better Roms don't have it I'm not worried about it.

After looking, I'll probably run Nils' Business GingerSense 3.0

Open to suggestions though

I tried Nils for about a week and all was well for about 5 days but then I started having FCs all over the place and ended up having to nan back to a previous ROM. Figured I would give it another shot whenever the next version comes out. But other ppl have had no issues whatsoever so...

I have Skyraider 4.3 with Lou 9 kernel right now and all is going well. I'm going to switch and try out Ziggys kernel and incredikernel here in the next week or so just to see which kernel seems to give the best performance and battery life. SR is by far my favorite and the most stable ROM I have tried so far....

Reactions: afastyzfr1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones