• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP..about to pull my hair out. I am already bald!!

BigHAZE

Jun 4, 2010
Ok,

I purchased the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and downloaded Go SMS to use as my main messaging app. I also have Google Voice, but have told IT not to notify me of any received SMS messages.

So...I want GO SMS to be the one that reads messages ONLY, and when I go into "set default SMS program", I can ONLY change the Default SEND sms program. When I click the "button area" to set the Default VIEW sms program...NOTHING HAPPENS...I can push it 100 times and nothing happens. The phone is stock.

People keep saying to disable notification in the default sms app. WHAT THE HECK is the DEFAULT SMS app for the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0??? I have searched for the last 2 hours and am really frustrated.

Please tell me how to get GO SMS to be the DEFAULT SMS reader please.

THank you.

Although I don't have that device, is there an app called "messaging" or something?

Thank you...yes I have, and I looked at every other possible app that receives or sends SMS and disabled all notifications. I even emailed the developer, but no response yet. Although my post seems frantic (and believe me, my patience was tested yesterday), I was frustrated that everything I googled about the Galaxy Tab 3 used the phrase, "default messaging program", and I can not for the life of me figure out what program is the "default messaging program" so that I can uninstall it.

THanks...enjoy your weekend! :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Found this:
ChatON
A smart-messaging app that gives you a host of innovative
ways to stay connected with all your friends and family,
regardless of their device or platform. Use ChatON to send
and receive instant messages from any device that has a
mobile phone number.
1. From a Home screen, touch Apps ➔ ChatON.
If you are launching this application for the first time,
follow the on-screen instructions to complete the
account setup.
2. Enter and send your message

From this :
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...alaxy_Tab_3_JB_English_User_Manual_MF2_F2.pdf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones