• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help... accidentally deleted contacts

So I was trying to get rid of a Low on Space warning/error message and I accidentally deleted all of my contacts from the Contacts Storage.

How can I get them back???

Were they listed as Google Contacts or Phone Contacts? If the former, just go to Settings->Accounts and Sync->Google Account and click on Contacts and it will sync them back. If they were phone contacts, you're out of luck unless you use Backup Assistant and unfortunately I don't so I can't help you with it.

Upvote 0
Were they listed as Google Contacts or Phone Contacts? If the former, just go to Settings->Accounts and Sync->Google Account and click on Contacts and it will sync them back. If they were phone contacts, you're out of luck unless you use Backup Assistant and unfortunately I don't so I can't help you with it.

Crap, I tried that and it did not work. They must be phone contacts.

Stupid stupid mistake.

Anyone know how to get phone contacts back?

Upvote 0
Try logging in to your Gmail account on the web, and then go to Contacts (link on the left-side panel).

If no contacts are listed, go to the drop-down for "More actions" ->then, "Restore..."

That will let you look back in time to see what contact lists you may have had and that might save you some grief.

No guarantees - worth a shot.

It was worth a shot, but I think I am SOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones