• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help adding back missing app please?

JB in AZ

Android Expert
Oct 27, 2009
Florida
I have spent way too many hours, and too much of a very nice forum member's time as well, trying to add back the HTC Stock app missing from DC 2.08.1.

Got the .apk from:
Download: Removed APK’s from Fresh Rom 2.1 Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

Tried pushing from adb, tried installing thru apps installer, tried from astro file manager, tried from root explorer....no luck! ARGH!

Even tried following this video:
YouTube - ADB Push Demo

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have installed a stock app from the market, but I realy like the simplicity of the HTC one.

Thanks for any help!

have you tried adding them to Fresh Kitchen in the My Apks folder and then using that to push them back? I know I used that to push a couple couple apps back and even though it popped an error at the end saying it couldn't do it... it really did..

Well, Just tried this, and got the re-booting loop, where it keeps going to the screen htc, quietly brilliant....Thanks to Nandroid backup, my phone is running again.

The kitchen does say it doesn't suppport 2.1 yet...unless there is a different version? I used Kitchen 1.0.5.4.

Upvote 0
1.0.5.4 is the current version. as far as Kitchen not supporting 2.1 yet, that is correct.. but only for creating a custom ROM with Kitchen. Even Flipz suggests using Kitchen to push the apps back that he removed in 2.1.1.

@kelmar, no Kitchen isn't only for those that used it to root. rooting is rooting, no matter if done by copy/paste or typing in commands or using kitchen.. Kitchen is just one way to root. it can also be used to create a custom 1.5 ROM or to push/pull apps. It will push apps back that were removed or even push apps that you just want to add.

Upvote 0
1.0.5.4 is the current version. as far as Kitchen not supporting 2.1 yet, that is correct.. but only for creating a custom ROM with Kitchen. Even Flipz suggests using Kitchen to push the apps back that he removed in 2.1.1.

@kelmar, no Kitchen isn't only for those that used it to root. rooting is rooting, no matter if done by copy/paste or typing in commands or using kitchen.. Kitchen is just one way to root. it can also be used to create a custom 1.5 ROM or to push/pull apps. It will push apps back that were removed or even push apps that you just want to add.

@mysticmead, as I said, I tried the kitchen and got the boot loop. Scared me, so I "nandroided" back. WHEW! Good thing I made lots of nandroids!
Perhaps the stock.apk is unique to 1.5 and not usable on 2.1?

NOTE TO ALL! MAKE NANDROID BACKUPS!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones