• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hi all.

I just bought my 1st smart phone and got the sony experia mini pro on o2 pay as you go. just trying to get to grips with everything so might end up with few more posts lol anyway on my old sony g705 i saved all my contacts on to my sim then when i turned on my phone i exported my contacts from my sim onto the mini pro. problem is despite it saying that it transfered them all i only have around half my contacts in my mini pro. Cause i have my contacts backed up on o2's bluebook i thought i might be able to sync my phone with that but so far to no avail. just to let you know i have a mac book and it is making my life bit more difficult than usual because of this phone being so pc friendly. i don't want to have to sync my contacts on googlemail unless i have to so if anyone can think of anything that would help that would be great.

p.s also how do you update to android 2.1 with a mac

thanks for looking and if you can help it would be greatly appreciated

Hello there and welcome to the world of Android!

Your biggest hurdle at the moment is probably that you have a Mac and SE haven't quite got that tech sorted yet!

Sony Ericsson Sync may be a way to go if you have the app on your old phone, it should be on your new one. You can download it onto your old phone but its PC based :(

You could download Bluetooth File Transfer from the android market and then see if you can bluetooth all your contacts over from your old phone assuming it has BT on it.

The update can only be done on a PC, so I think my best recommendation would be to beg / borrow / steal (well may not the last one) a friend or relatives PC, run the update and also sync your contacts. The whole thing shouldn't take more than half an hour.

I have heard people talk about doing stuff within your Mac OS with Windows simulators but I have no idea on the processes there.

Hope it helps a bit!

Upvote 0
Sounds like what i feared lol ok best bet would be to fix it on a pc then hope they sort it out cause i love my mac and love the android software. much prefer this phone to my mates iphone 3gs. i was just hoping i missed something. thanks for the help and quick reply you have saved me even more frustration :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones