• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Advertisment Pop Ups on the phone

DroidL

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2010
Valrico, FL
My kid had had a phone for awhile now, and I had not really messed with it as he had his own phone.

Anyway I was helping him with something and there are like advertisements that keep popping up on the screen and in the notifications and I guess he downloaded some games or some stupid stuff and got infected with something.

I have run several Anti Virus things and they all seem to give the all clear.

Any ideas on how to retake his phone without have to do a factory reset and will a factory reset even cure the problem. I have been deleting apps but so far nothing.

He is afraid If I do a factory reset he will lose all progress in several games he has.

Max

When Notification/ad pops up long press it to see which application is responsible. Then you can unistall it. It is likely to be a free version of a game by the sound of it. Which is fair enough developers have to get an income somehow, but if it is a paid version, got from a reputable app store (Google play, Amazon, Samsung's own) then complain to them about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones