1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help again galaxy s3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashleyct860, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ashleyct860

ashleyct860 Lurker

If someone has stole a broken locked galaxy s3 and goes to get the screen fixed ...will they be able to access anything from the motherboard if its locked? Sprint btw

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Lol has it been reported stolen?
    I think repair places wipe the storage when they fix a thing like that but im not certain :)

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Welcome ashleyct860:)

I am assuming when you say "locked", you refer to a password, or pattern lock or the like, to unlock the phone?
    It depends on how tech savvy they are to bypass the lock on the lock screen.

After a certain amount of failed attempts to unlock it, the only way for the average joe to get the device functioning again, is to factory reset it. (or enter your google info, which they wouldn't know).

I'm not so sure that repair places wipe the device when a screen is replaced...I mean, why would they? I really don't know as I have never had it done;)

As funky said, I would at least report it stolen to your carrier so they can deactivate it. :) (assuming you are talking about your device)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews