1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help - Alarm tone not sounding when using voice command to set alarm

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shazam613, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Shazam613

Shazam613 Lurker

Hello all,

Ran into an issue that is driving me crazy and was hoping some one on the forum had found the fix for this. Initially discovered the issue while using tasker to set alarms based on Calendar settings. I had the calendar send a text msg reminder to my phone 12 hours before my work schedule. Once tasker saw the text, it would set the alarm using the set alarm function.

Worked fine for me while I was on a Razr Maxx, but since moving to the Note 2, it has not worked consistently. So I tried testing setting alarms using Google voice search, and while the alarm sets, once the alarm time comes up, the alarm page shows, but no sound is output, even with the volume settings on maximum. If I go into the stock alarm app and set it manually, the alarms goes off loud and clear. The commands I used where "set alarm for " or Create reminder for " and give it a 2 minute window from the time I spoke the command. Before this would work fine and the alarm would react normally.

Now I guess I could just set it manually and be done with it, but I would really like this functionality to work if its supposed to do so.

Was wondering if anyone has run into this issue and might possibly have a fix. Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance!

Zam

2. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

It seems to work for me. After you set the alarm, go into the clock app and select the alarm you just set. Click more and see if the volume is on mute or not. Maybe somehow your alarm is defaulted to mute?

3. Shazam613

Shazam613 Lurker

was hoping I wouldnt have to manually select the alarm in order for it to sound. With Tasker it sets the alarm using the stock alarm....but to have open the alarm app and click more seems overkill. I'll check it out and see if it works, but I'm hoping I missed something else.

Any way to determine how the alarm might be defaulted to mute?

4. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Not sure, because I just tried one and it was default to full volume.. scared the hell out of me and every one pops over the cubical to see what's going on. Maybe you have a 3rd party alarm app that muted the stock alarm when you installed it?

5. Shazam613

Shazam613 Lurker

finally did I factory reset to get it fixed. Not sure what caused it, but it was a pain to deal with.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews