1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Help! All apps FC'ing, some are even gone!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Oct 18, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    I am on a business trip and was driving, plugged my phone in a few times, turned it off to speed-charge it for a bit. When i turned my phone back on, it went whacky!!

Got a FC from all of my startup apps (newsrob, handcentSMS, smartkeyboard, etc)

Also i notice there are many apps just gone! Angry birds (damnit i got soo far!!), trillian, yahoo msgr, just to name a few i noticed.

I notice that uninstalling/reinstalling the apps is working, but what caused this??

Tomorrow i will flash the rom fresh and set it all up again, but what happened here??

Also i notice my phone is running sluggish. In fact its gotten so bad that i am pulling over to flash a recovery rom.

SkyRaider 3.3, KK#5

No task killer or anti-virus. Was just using navigation, email, and SMS for several hours prior to the issue.

Advertisement

2. Mastermind47

Mastermind47 Active Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I had the same thing happen to me right after a battery swap on two different occasions. I believe this was due to me disconnecting the battery when the phone was on. I haven't heard anything about this. I'm interested in hearing more about this as well.

-MM47

3. rsarno

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    it really effed everything up, had to do a clean wipe and install of everything and lost all data

4. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Yeah this happened to me because I pulled the battery while the phone was shutting down. Did you do a battery pull before it happened?

5. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Strangely I had the same problem after swapping batteries.

I backed up what i could and did a factory reset.

No problems since. (Note: I am not rooted)

6. rsarno

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    Well i didnt touch my battery. BUT there is a chance, (because i dont remember), that i plugged or unplugged my phone during a boot cycle.

I still cant imagine how that would effect anything though