1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! All incoming calls blocked. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Farkomeister, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Farkomeister

Farkomeister Lurker

Suddenly, my phone has decided to block ALL incoming calls, even from my favorite contacts and voicemail. I just cannot receive incoming calls. The notification shows "Missed call from (blocked) [contact name or phone number]." The [contact name or phone number] part shows the name of the contact or phone number that is being blocked.

Outgoing calls work just fine.

I have disabled blocked/black lists on the phone app, removed any restrictions from Hangouts/Voice and any other apps that interfere with the phone functions. I have restarted the phone and restored the phone app from Titanium. I have frozen/uninstalled any third party apps that provide calling/texting functions, such as voice, hangouts, talkatone, etc. I have cleared cache and removed default app options from phone/contacts.

This problem suddenly started and I just cannot figure out what may be causing this problem. When I search online, it shows listings of apps that block calls, etc., but nothing that addresses my problem.

I am an advanced user - I have root on my current phone (Galaxy s3 with 4.4.2), and have installed custom roms on previous phones (an old Charge, s2, S3), etc. I am not a newbie, so, PLEASE answer my issue without condescension - THANK YOU.

I do not want to factory reset my phone - any ideas about what might be causing this problem and how to resolve it?

Phone info: Galaxy s3 with 4.4.2, rooted, on Verizon (I535).

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aml1025

aml1025 Android Enthusiast

Have you checked your account information or contacted Verizon to see if something got messed up in your account settings? If it doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your phone, the problem may lie there instead.

3. Farkomeister

Farkomeister Lurker

I am going through Verizon - everything is fine on their side. Tech support (Tier 2) wants me to go through all the steps that I have already implemented, and I have done it all with them again.

Problem not solved!!

#3 Farkomeister, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Try wiping data and cache for the dialer (phone) app. Then you'll know. Do the same for the messaging app. You can backup your texts with SMS backup and restore (play store).

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews